Unabikers are here

Woot, my unabiker radiator guards showed up today....

They look beefy... I have a set on my DRZ400 too.......

Since my WR450 is brand new and never been on its side before.... I hope it makes my life easier to install the unabikers....

I think when I installed them on my drz..... a hammer was one of the tools i used to get them on.....

any positive advice before I stick them on the bike tonight?

(also looks like my jet kit and fuel screw arrived according to my tracking number, just got to figure out what the wife did with it, still waiting on my GYTR AIS removal kit)

At $111 bucks shipped to my door they are a little pricey but they are nice a beefy... I have a set on my DRZ400 which I used to ride offroad for a couple years and I crash alot and had no issues with my radiators.... (DRZ is setup for supermoto now)

You can add more bling to the unabikers for like 15 bucks more and get them anodized... but I'm cheap.

They are pretty strong. I've had my bike down on it's side and with a rock pushing on the shroud right about where the shroud fastener is, it bent the screen just a bit, but the cage itself is straight as is the radiator.

They are fairly simple to install, normal tools (allen wrench as I recall). Just take your time. When you're done, you will likely find that your shroud bolt will no longer bolt up to the rad guard. Just find some longer bolts and nuts and use some spacers and washers to mount the works up. I used some hex shaped metal spacers from Home Depot that I put the longer bolts through. They were about an inch to an inch and a half in length and worked out perfectly.

not too impressed with mine to be honest.

i fell over going about 10mph... wimpy crash.. if you can even call it that.

the angle at witch they sit.. .the dug into the ground bending the rad back about 2"

i believe if they were not there. there would be no damage..

good luck

cheers

Warts

I installed Fastlane on mine. Left side was a B@#$%@#$% to install but on the right I basically threw the parts at the bike and they bolted themselves on. I used a dremel on the inner of both shrouds and lower portion of left shroud and then a slightly longer bolt and now they look factory. Haven't crashed with them. Hope I don't but they got good reviews like the Unabikers.

Did you get them on? I got mine on but I certainly swore a few times trying to get those little bolts started... you know the ones that you need to do through the frame.

Total pain in the rear.

haven't installed them yet... I was removing all the goodies off my XR400 to sell it.... .... I did get the Tusk D-Flex hand guards installed on the WR....

I actually took them off the XR400... i had white ones on it... but I got new blue plastic and fat bar adapters from rockymountain and installed them last night.... not a whole lot of room for the brake and clutch cables.... but they are on.... the blue matches up ok... i was hoping it would be better but its not too much off.......