Sunoco Race Gas?

3 replies to this topic
  • djtroy

Posted August 24, 2009 - 10:12 AM

I live in Florida and I am thinking about running 50/50 race / pump. I can get 93 pump here in Florida.
Should I go with the Sunoco 100 or 104 unleaded or the 110 leaded all about the same price.

I see people saying they mix this 110 with pump gas. How should I expect my Florida jetting to change?

• MXandy63

Posted August 24, 2009 - 11:28 AM

I don't know about Florida jetting as I'm in California but this weekend I put 1 gallon of VP red 110 to 4 gallons of pump gas mixed 28:1(Yamalube) for my YZ 125 for a long race with alot of hills and wide open pinned sand washes.50/50 might be a little much unless you have alot of motor mods.Try 1 gallon of 110 to 4 gallons pump gas(91 octane here).It turns out to be around 98 octane.Start off minimal and listen to see if the detonation goes away.Too much race gas when not needed actually robs a little power if its not jetted for high octane fuel.I had a little detonation the weekend before the race thats why I elected to put a gallon of VP 110 in there.Detonation dissapeared and the bike ran great.40 pilot stock needle in the stock position and a 420 main on a '04 YZ 125.Elevation was about 1500' with about 90 degrees and low humidity.I'm guessing Florida is a bit different though.

• djtroy

Posted August 24, 2009 - 12:02 PM

I don't know about Florida jetting as I'm in California but this weekend I put 1 gallon of VP red 110 to 4 gallons of pump gas mixed 28:1(Yamalube) for my YZ 125 for a long race with alot of hills and wide open pinned sand washes.50/50 might be a little much unless you have alot of motor mods.Try 1 gallon of 110 to 4 gallons pump gas(91 octane here).It turns out to be around 98 octane.Start off minimal and listen to see if the detonation goes away.Too much race gas when not needed actually robs a little power if its not jetted for high octane fuel.I had a little detonation the weekend before the race thats why I elected to put a gallon of VP 110 in there.Detonation dissapeared and the bike ran great.40 pilot stock needle in the stock position and a 420 main on a '04 YZ 125.Elevation was about 1500' with about 90 degrees and low humidity.I'm guessing Florida is a bit different though.

Thanks I will try 1:4 first.
I was also wondering if I should go with the 110 leaded or the unleaded 100 or 104 Sunoco?

• psylo535

Posted August 24, 2009 - 12:04 PM

I live in florida and run straight sunoco 110 leaded with a compression head

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Revalving a Factory Connection KYB SSS Revalve by C-P

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  41 replies
Forums
Photo

the irreplaceable carb gasket/oring by Hutch1

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • Hot  45 replies
Forums
Photo

85 or 150? by drzrider04

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

10 Best Mods For The 2006 Yamaha Yz250 by thebearYZ250

• Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

Apparently this is the 2015 yz250 by Red Dirt Ryan

• Hot  83 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.