YZ450F - 2003 - Flywheel installation

3 replies to this topic
  • Jibba

Posted August 24, 2009 - 05:13 AM

I had my Trailtech +6oz FW installed by my mechanic just recently.

In future I would like to do this myself, I have purchased the FW Puller and eventually will like to trial and error other weights to best suit my riding and where I ride.

After you remove the side case, what is the gasket part number? Also, are they relatively easy to install\swap out?

I can't make it out in the Parts List I have.

Appreciate your help and suggestions.

• bendover932

Posted August 24, 2009 - 05:23 AM

the part # is...GASKET, CRANKCASE CO for 2003 YAMAHA YZ 450F
5TA-15451-00-00 $4.75

as for ease of installation...the r&r of the rotor is really straight forward. remove nut and washed use puller,being careful not to drop woodruf key into motor..and reverse the steps to reinstall ...ive never actually installed a weight but have seen them online..are you buying he complete rotor with weight attached or are you buying the weight plate and drilling, tapping the holes and bolting it on?..if the second route not 100% sure but, id stick to the same brand as the mounting hole spacing could vary and you may end up with a few sets of holes..lol if im way off base here someone please correct me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jibba

Posted August 24, 2009 - 05:46 AM

Thanks mate.

The weight I am using is a complete FW, from Trailech, and future changes will be same brand but a different weight.

When you say woodruf, are you talking about the 2 x allignment pins?

• bendover932

Posted August 24, 2009 - 06:03 AM

no i was referring to the small piece of metal that lays in the slot cut on the crankshaft and your flywheel will have a matching slot cut in it to keep it indexed and not let it spin on the shaft...im referring to #17 in this pic

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.