2002 WR426F Clutch pull

2 replies to this topic
  • foggy3061

Posted August 24, 2009 - 02:37 AM

I have a 2002 WR426F and I am trying to find a way of lightening the clutch pull a little. I have just renewed the clutch with all new genuine parts (frictions, steels and springs, basket fingers aren’t worn or notched either) and I have fitted a new genuine cable too.

I have read somewhere on this forum that some people have re-drilled the standard lever, others have fitted a Rekluse clutch and some have used a CR250 lever to improve clutch pull / operation.

The best option for me is to fit a CR250 clutch lever, which I’m led to believe can be fitted in order to change the leverage a little, but which year of CR250 lever is required 92-03 or 04-07?

Thanks for your help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted August 24, 2009 - 08:41 AM

I tried the MSR adjustable perch and lever. That worked pretty good however the clutch djustment had to be right on for it to work properly. I also used a cable made by Terrycable which also helped. I finally went to a Rekluse clutch and got rid of clutch pull entierly. That was the best thing I ever did for the bike, at least for my kind of riding.

• foggy3061

Posted August 24, 2009 - 10:23 PM

I guess the MSR lever and perch is the one with 3 cable locations on it?

Rekluse clutch sounds good but i'm happy with the standard clutch setup. The pull could just do with being a little lighter for the type of riding here in the UK.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.