Rear axle socket size

8 replies to this topic
  • Fryboy

Posted September 27, 2002 - 02:28 PM

Please help.....

I am getting new tires tomorrow and need to remove my rear rim. What size is the nut? I thought it would be 22mm like the front but I obviously was wrong. Is it a 26mm? I need to get a socket lickety split. As I need to take this tired ass to bed at a reasonable hour. Work at 5:30am. :)

Thanks my fellow thumpertalker,
Fryboy

• endurodog

Posted September 27, 2002 - 02:34 PM

I have always used a 1 1/16 SAE socket. Cause I have it, but it does fit perfect!

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 27, 2002 - 03:44 PM

Yup or a 27mm fits slightly better use both

• Fryboy

Posted September 28, 2002 - 03:10 AM

Thanks the 1 1/16" worked great. Can't wait to try my new tires !!!

Ego, I tried to get the 27mm but Lowe's didn't have it.

Fryboy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted September 28, 2002 - 04:25 PM

Good to hear. Don't roost to hard on those new tires, ohhh what the hell, roost away!!!!!!!!!

• John_Lorenz

Posted September 29, 2002 - 03:59 AM

Frybo

you need to break em in real good I suggest Cement Starts and Whellies on Cement :D

Dont worry if the center gets wore out becouse of that

I seen ya ride, you dont use the center always the sides :)

• Fryboy

Posted September 29, 2002 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the advice on break-in Ego. Good thing for you I don't live on your street ! :) I can't wait to try them out. I may have to go for the day tomorrow (Monday)

Funny thing though, I don't remember seeing your ride.... Oh wait.... THATS CAUSE YOU WERE BEHIND ME! :D

P.S. The XR70 I did see you ride doesn't count. :D

Fryboy

[ September 29, 2002, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Fryboy ]

• WRMike250f

Posted September 29, 2002 - 07:01 PM

P.S. The XR70 I did see you ride doesn't count.

Yea the XR70 “camp fire ring slalom” was pretty inspirational. :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted September 29, 2002 - 08:19 PM

Your lucky you saw him on the xr 70.I heard it had to much power and he almost looped it. :) :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.