wr400f trip odometer

3 replies to this topic
  • flattop6

Posted April 02, 2003 - 12:56 PM

I am wondering if anyone knows how to reset the trip meter on the Yamaha WR400f. The only thing I could figure out was to roll it back 1/10th of a mile at a time. Since it was on 600 when I bought the bike I figured I'd be twisting the little lever for about and hour. There must be an easier way. Or, I should say I "hope" there is an easier way. Please help!

• oRGie

Posted April 02, 2003 - 01:56 PM

I think you pull the little knob out to the left and turn it.. not certain tho, cos mine was bust so i took it off and put in safely in the discarded parts bin.. :-)

(the little bracket it was mounted too gave me a handy place for a disc lock tho :-)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RSA210

Posted April 02, 2003 - 03:22 PM

Use your cordless drill :)

• Dean400

Posted April 02, 2003 - 05:58 PM

Mine is the same way. I just turn it to the nearest 100 mile increment. Plus, it tells me about how many miles I put on in an entire year.

I first thought it was broken until I went to the motorcycle show and found out that all the dirtbike odometers have to be reset the slow way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.