Any long term reviews of the mx51 tires?

uh oh... I would have given him a bit more time to respond to the PM's or e-mails.

Not trying to be nosy here, but I think things will turn up alright. I feel comfortable doing transactions with any of the regular members here. I've done it before and it turned up great.

Anyone have the mx51's for a while now?.... Wondering how the actually hold up and if the traction continues to be as good throughout or drops off quickly after new

I've got an MX51 on back of my bike it has about 10 hours on it. I had a mud race a couple weeks ago and it even pulled good in the mud. It was pulling the front tire of the ground of the start through 3rd gear even got the hole shot with that baby.

I think the mx51 holds up better and out performs the 756. I have run both front and rear and have no complaints. I also have run the mx31 both front and rear and they have held up nicely. I think the mx31 crosses over to intermediate terrain better than the mx51 crosses over to soft terrain. I haven't run either tire into the rocks much yet but have some rocky desert races coming up and will find out soon enough. I have been running a 952 in the rear and a 755 up front untill the Geomax's came out.

JB

I have been running the 755 front for probably 10 years ...And sad to see it's no longer made...it always seemed to work the best for me everywhere I ride...And have been experimenting with rears...it's tough here since the tracks I mainly ride have deep sand sections and what starts out as loose loam that packs/watered into asphalt as the day goes on...and then it's about 50/50 sandy- hardpack... Wondering which way to go based on your 31-51 experience...

Wondering which way to go based on your 31-51 experience...

I would try the mx31's front and rear. Like I said above, in my opinion they cross over to intermediate better than the 51's go the other way.

It is sad to see the 755 go away. They had a much stiffer sidewall and could actually be ridden with a flat. I rode 60 miles once in a desert race with a flat 755 and still took 2nd in my class and top 30 O/A.

Now days I run bib mousse's front and rear and flats are no longer a concern to me.

JB

I have 4 rides on my MX51 rear and 5 or so knobs are missing and most of them have cracks so probably will leave their places in next few rides. For me it has performed really bad as far as the durability goes. Can`t complain about traction, that has been very nice.

I must say my favorite rear tire will still be Mitas C-19. Not very popular in US, but it is cheap, rather durable (knobs are not ripped off even after cutting the tire 2 or 3 times) and hooks very nicely.

However, I will still give a try to Geomax front tire.

I think the problem with tires is that they are made for such specific conditions. My geomax's 51's are holding up rather well on my 06 yz 250. Better wear than my 756's by about two times. However, they have never touched rocks or hard terrain.