Found a sensor on front wheel unplugged?

2 replies to this topic
  • tex79

Posted August 21, 2009 - 08:34 AM

I was changing the front tire on my 98 WR400 that I just got and found a sensor that was attached to the two bolts that clamp the fork onto the axle. It looks like a magnetic sensor that trips every time a bolt on the wheel passes it. The wire runs up the left fork and has been cut about halfway up. It is black taped to the brake line. It is not the cable for the tripometer and I can't figure out what this is for. It doesn't seem to affect anything on the bike that I can tell. Was this a speedometer cable?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncampion

Posted August 21, 2009 - 11:32 AM

Probably for an aftermarket unit like the Trail Tech units.

• byggd

Posted August 22, 2009 - 03:22 PM

Speedo pick-up for sure. Not a trail tech though, it has a much cleaner install.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.