Electrical issues with Wr450

No replies to this topic
  • 3mk14

Posted August 21, 2009 - 08:29 AM

The blinkers on my wr450 (aftermarket enduro blinker set) are only working occasionally. I don't see any consistency in when they work and when they don't. The bike can be off, on, on for a long period of time and the blinkers will only work sometimes. I notice that when the blinkers do work the headlight signicantly dims.

At first I thought it might be a loose connection or a short but after about 30 mins poking around the electrical connections, I didn't really find anything. Occasionally, the headlight will cut out...which again makes me think there is a connection problem somewhere.

My gut tells me there is a short/ground/or loose connection somewhere that I haven't found. I can't think or any other issues...

If anyone has any comments about the issue or a good method of tracking down a bad connection or ground it would be much appreciated.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.