I doubt my pack job is gonna work.

11 replies to this topic
  • Regalman

Posted August 21, 2009 - 04:34 AM

Posted Image

I mean, the bag is gonna rest on my knees. I have steering damper, so I shouldn't have headshake issues. I can turn several degrees, but obvoiusly not full lock.

I only need to go 25 miles... think I'll make it?

Edit - I should add... its all street... then unpack.

• n19dg2

Posted August 21, 2009 - 04:40 AM

Posted Image

I mean, the bag is gonna rest on my knees. I have steering damper, so I shouldn't have headshake issues. I can turn several degrees, but obvoiusly not full lock.

I only need to go 25 miles... think I'll make it?

YOU ARE A BRAVE MAN!:thumbsup:

• SASM

Posted August 21, 2009 - 04:52 AM

LOL :thumbsup:

Looks like it would be easier to just hang the bag over your shoulder...

• Regalman

Posted August 21, 2009 - 04:56 AM

LOL :thumbsup:

Looks like it would be easier to just hang the bag over your shoulder...

I am contemplating that as well... think I'm gonna take the heavy stuff out and give that a try tonight before I leave.

• tribalbc

Posted August 21, 2009 - 06:27 AM

Yeah, you'll have more luck wearing it as a backpack. It'll rest on your rear fender and take most of the weight off your back. And if it's just smooth roads it shouldn't be too scary.

• William1

Posted August 21, 2009 - 07:33 AM

I have seen worse loads over longer distances. I had a best friend move 380 miles away, used his bike (a '63 BSA 250) to do it. It was terrifying to watch him ride off. He made it though.
But do as other suggested and have the load behind you, sit up against the tank, have the load close up to you. You do not want it to over stress the subframe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Regalman

Posted August 21, 2009 - 09:19 AM

You do not want it to over stress the subframe.

As if it isnt already being stressed enough by my enormous beer gut. :thumbsup:

• drtbk4ever

Posted August 21, 2009 - 10:08 AM

I rest my beer gut on the gas tank when sitting. Takes the stress off the subframe.

• rkwfxd1

Posted August 21, 2009 - 05:12 PM

There is nothing wrong with that load. The problem is the bike.....it should be a Honda Cub :thumbsup: and when you take the trip you need to wear shorts and sandals.:worthy: :) :D

• Yamaha_James

Posted August 22, 2009 - 01:42 PM

How did you pack job work for you?

• byggd

Posted August 22, 2009 - 02:59 PM

I should add... its all street... then unpack

No problem then! :thumbsup:

• Regalman

Posted August 24, 2009 - 05:14 AM

How did you pack job work for you?

I redid it. I ended up using that pack as backpack and then put another backback on the front. Too many people said I was nuts for trying to do it that way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.