Back on Blue..... got some ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted August 20, 2009 - 01:19 PM

Just picked up a very cherry barely used 07 450. It's got Unibiker rad guards and some Acerbis bark busters. Owner also did the AIS kit and uncorked the exhaust and dialed in the carb. Then whatever other free mods there were to do I guess he did. Beyond that, what more should I be looking at updating/changing on the bike? Down the road I'll get a larger tank and a FMF slip on and a Scotts or GPR stabilizer. For now though are there things I should look at modifying to get it to it's full potential?

• ww44wrf450f

Posted August 20, 2009 - 04:07 PM

Not shure about the header size, I know the 08 and 09 has a small header, and if it does a full fmf or a dr.d system would be dramatic? How much do you wieght? springs etc.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wrfrk

Posted August 20, 2009 - 05:25 PM

How much do you wieght? springs etc.

Way to freakin much, but that's about to change, for the better! I'm wondering about the stock exhaust. It looks like a very small tipped baffle in there, can I cut that out? He said he removed some internal thingy that plugged it up...?

• Wrfrk

Posted August 21, 2009 - 05:41 AM

Wow, this forum used to be so much more helpful/responsive... Come on Yami guys, I know you'r dying to help!!!

• ww44wrf450f

Posted August 22, 2009 - 04:56 AM

lots of info here do a search? Your best bet is to spring the bike for your wieght.

here are some links:
save them to an mx folder to your fav.

wr to it full potential? Free mods, jetting, setting the Ap squirt, ais removal, airbox and snorkle cut outs, pipe it, exhaust cam, vortex ignition, hi comp. piston, big bore kit, port polish and headwork? to name a few?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.