Adjusting The dampening & rebound.

3 replies to this topic
  • Gidds

Posted August 20, 2009 - 10:26 AM

Hello I have a WR400f year 01 that is a little bit sqishy. I did have it just right when I got it at 145 but now I am closer to 175 and it bounces like a son of a gun... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it stiffer and not come up to fast when i go over jumps? When I first got it it was way stiff took it into the shop only took them like and hour and It felt great then I started working out and gained a little over 30 pounds and its just way to springy. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 20, 2009 - 12:13 PM

Your fork and shock oil are probably shot, or gone. Rear shock diaphragm is probably ruptured.

Rebuild time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gidds

Posted August 21, 2009 - 06:16 AM

Ya that was one of the things I though of.. =( So it couldn't be anything else? Or is there any other way to make it a bit more stiffer? I took it into a shop the other morning before posting this and they said the same thing and then they said 700 bucks!! So I though some of you guys might now something they didn't. Alright well thanks for your response. Have fun riding!

• oldmanx

Posted August 21, 2009 - 10:03 AM

Ya that was one of the things I though of.. =( So it couldn't be anything else? Or is there any other way to make it a bit more stiffer? I took it into a shop the other morning before posting this and they said the same thing and then they said 700 bucks!! So I though some of you guys might now something they didn't. Alright well thanks for your response. Have fun riding!

Try to find a local suspension guy. I'm lucky enough to live about 3 miles from a guy who is a Race Tech trained suspension tech...does the suspension work on the side. He's also an A class MX rider so he knows what he's working on. I usually take him the forks/shock and the seals/fluid...which normally retails for less than $50. He typically charges less than 3 #'s to do the fluid/seal change. Handling it this way, you should be looking at less than 1/2 of what the shop quoted you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.