Bad Carma or Fluke deal?

3 replies to this topic
  • mongial

Posted August 19, 2009 - 08:43 PM

I just got home with my brand new 09 WR450:banana:. Back the truck up the driveway and unload the bike. Take a short trip down the street to check it out:thumbsup: Park it in the garage. Start the truck to move it in the garage and it throws blows a plug out of the head which stripped the threads in the cylinder.:thumbsup:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 19, 2009 - 08:45 PM

I just got home with my brand new 09 WR450:banana:. Back the truck up the driveway and unload the bike. Take a short trip down the street to check it out:thumbsup: Park it in the garage. Start the truck to move it in the garage and it throws blows a plug out of the head which stripped the threads in the cylinder.:thumbsup:

One heli-coil later, and your head will be fine. Must be a Diesel ............

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The-Extractor

Posted August 19, 2009 - 09:13 PM

uhh diesels dont have plugs....that spark....

Let me guess its a ford with a 4.6-5.4, or a v10 right ? Thay only have 2 threads holding in the spark plug in the aluminum head. There is a specific procedure ford uses to change the spark plugs... I am just never going to change mine.

• rkwfxd1

Posted August 20, 2009 - 08:17 PM

uhh diesels dont have plugs....that spark....

Let me guess its a ford with a 4.6-5.4, or a v10 right ? Thay only have 2 threads holding in the spark plug in the aluminum head.

This is where I would put my money.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.