• Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted August 18, 2009 - 07:57 PM

So, now I am in need of a stator.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• dustin63933

Posted August 18, 2009 - 08:36 PM

wow. I hate when something catastrophic happens to my bike. Do you how this happened?

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 18, 2009 - 09:06 PM

'03 w/o the starter mod????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Longtimeyamahaguy

Posted August 19, 2009 - 04:06 AM

wow. I hate when something catastrophic happens to my bike. Do you how this happened?

Not totally sure why it happened. I did have the side cover off and the flywheel off when I changed the timing chain. However, I did not touch the 6 bolts that backed out.

'03 w/o the starter mod????

I never updated it and I don`t think the previous owner did either. I hardly use the electric start. If the update would have prevented this then I`d rather toss the electric starting stuff right in the trash.

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 19, 2009 - 05:24 AM

I never updated it and I don`t think the previous owner did either. I hardly use the electric start. If the update would have prevented this then I`d rather toss the electric starting stuff right in the trash.

Doesn't matter whether you kick start or use estart. Without the mod this can happen because the starter drive is engaged regardless of which method you use to start the bike. The only sure prevention is remove the idler gear or install the '04 upgrade.

• panaman

Posted August 19, 2009 - 09:16 AM

looks like a good time to just get the updated stator kit from trailtech

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.