yz450 tank to wr conversion

2 replies to this topic
  • motardmania

Posted April 02, 2003 - 01:00 AM

I recently fitted a YZ450 tank to my WR450, the tank was a clean fit but the seat was a tad short (25mm short).This problem caused the seat to not latch under the tank retainer pin.To solve problem l had a modified tank pin made up that had a longer top section (futher towards back of tank) that enabled seat to latch firmly.The bike is a lot easier to move around on now and makes turning a dream.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motocross921

Posted April 02, 2003 - 03:05 PM

Hey dude .Were did you get the tank? And how much was it ?
I was thinking about doing the samething .Does It really help out in the tight stuff.Its real tall

• motardmania

Posted April 02, 2003 - 11:29 PM

The tank is a standard yamaha YZ450 tank, you should be able to buy one from your local yamaha dealer. And yes it makes a big improvment in steering as it enables you to get over the front of the bike better.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.