TTR90 throttle limiter

4 replies to this topic
  • n4dcb

Posted August 18, 2009 - 05:15 PM

Got my little one a ttr 90. Too fast for him now. How do I limit the twist throttle travel? Either at the carb or twist is ok, just need some ideas on how to limit it. Thanks, CB

• ggbshe

Posted August 18, 2009 - 09:42 PM

I have the same question. The boy took his first ride a couple of days ago and I gave him the respect the throttle talk. Of course he had to learn it the hard way by getting cocky and crashing into the flower bed :thumbsup: . He is actually doing much better after learing the hard way:banghead: .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n4dcb

Posted August 19, 2009 - 02:20 PM

Take the carb top off (two screws), remove spring from cable, put vaccuum line (3/4 inch long piece) over the cable, reinstall spring and then the throttle cylinder thing. Put top back on and install the two screws. Done! Takes 5 minutes. Still goes fast even at half throttle though.

• njdrt-rdr

Posted August 20, 2009 - 04:38 PM

If it's anything like my sons PW, the throttle limiter limited the amount of throttle you could give, but not the top speed. The thing still went the same top speed, it just took longer to get there.

• n4dcb

Posted September 02, 2009 - 08:15 PM

If it's anything like my sons PW, the throttle limiter limited the amount of throttle you could give, but not the top speed. The thing still went the same top speed, it just took longer to get there.

Yeah, probably right, I cannot tell but it is still fast for the throttle being limited to 1/3 of standard travel.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.