how difficult is it to install new valves??????

46 replies to this topic
  • mxmaddman

Posted August 25, 2009 - 05:52 PM

Its nice to have calipers and a mic handy too. No cam chain breakers needed. Every time i hear someone do that I cringe. People who break and reattach chains have balls of steel or brains of ****.

• bakeyz426f

Posted August 25, 2009 - 06:38 PM

i have a clutch/flywheel holder, valve spring commpressor, piston pin puller, fly wheel puller, crank splitter, crank installer will i need any other special tools?? ive odered the head, new cam, valves/springs, new valve componets, cam chain, cam tensonor, gaskets. i waited to order shims till i measure. can i measure the gap with digital caliper? still have to order crank, piston, and water pump seals. the head and stuff i ordered cost me a grand, the other stuff will cost about 500. do you need to heat the case and freeze the crank bearings to install the crank bearings??

• bakeyz426f

Posted August 26, 2009 - 11:37 AM

will i only need to use yamabond on the cases?? does the head require any sealant?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 26, 2009 - 12:25 PM

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• thatraptorguy

Posted August 30, 2009 - 04:47 PM

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

only the 250 version comes up....anybody know where theres a free downloadable manual for the 07 wr450?

• USED YZ426F

Posted August 30, 2009 - 05:17 PM

only the 250 version comes up....anybody know where theres a free downloadable manual for the 07 wr450?

http://www.yamaha-mo...ice/manuals.jsp

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2009 - 08:02 PM

Use the Euro site for that. I post the Australian site when the question involves manuals for the older bikes, as the Euro site only goes back as far as the 426. For a while, the '01 model year would come up blank, too, but I see it's back.

The files from Europe download faster, and are mostly printable.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.