5 replies to this topic
  • adamwagar

Posted April 01, 2003 - 06:27 PM

Check it out.

• ddialogue

Posted April 01, 2003 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the link, Adam.

Not too sure about re-routing that hose to the airbox, though. Everyone on TT recommends putting in a T instead. I wouldn't want the oil that blows out of that hose filling up the airbox. :)

• adamwagar

Posted April 01, 2003 - 06:39 PM

I thought the same thing. Interesting that they didn't change the jetting...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Beta_Man

Posted April 01, 2003 - 07:21 PM

Whats this T your talking about. I though the excate same thing, why would I want all that oil blowing in my air box. What a mess it would make.

• sjw

Posted April 02, 2003 - 08:04 AM

I would like to know about the T also.THANKS!!!

• ddialogue

Posted April 02, 2003 - 10:05 AM

What I have read in the past with this mod is you add a T adapter that fits the vent hose in order to add a second route of fresh air. You cut the host at some point and install the T and then run an extra line of vent hose to the airbox. This way, the oil runs down (and out the bottom) like it normally would but in the event of stalling in a water crossing it would suck air through the airbox. I haven't done this mod...just read about it. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.