gasket recall !

4 replies to this topic
  • sjw

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:18 PM

I RECIEVED A MESSAGE ON MY RECORDER TONIGHT FROM THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT MY BIKE,HE SAYS THERE IS A RECALL ON THE WR 450 .THAT A GASKET NEEDS TO BE CHANGED.I DID NOT TALK TO HIM ABOUT WICH ONE IT IS .HE WILL BE THE FIRST CALL I MAKE TOMORROW.THIS IS NOT A APRIL FOOLS JOKE.ANYONE HERD OF THIS YET? I WILL UPDATE AS SOON A.S.A.P. :)

• Jonesy920

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:20 PM

Gasket and woodruff key.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:21 PM

I refuse to change the gasket. Yamaha is going to have to drag me kicking and screaming down to the dealer to do it. Ha Ha. April Fools.

• HighPlainsWR

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:59 PM

If your'e serious, check out Off-Road.com, WR450 Project bikes, tech tips.... There is an online version of the "official" Yamaha USA tech bulletin. You can print it out using Adobe. I took it to my dealer today and said "do it". It is quite extensive and will take overnight to complete (dry up the locktite). Up to this point, the dealer was thinking I was nuts to read all this "stuff" on the net. Per the TSB, the fix is free regardless of warranty condition. Be informed, get the bulletin.

• sjw

Posted April 02, 2003 - 07:06 AM

called the dealer,there not to bright there.the guy that called me is off today! someone is trying to find out what he called me for.I got a feeling its going to be for the woodruff key.I have over 300 miles on the bike ( no problems) should I let them mess with it if it is a woodruff key problem????

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.