CDN $$$ for a wr 426 2002

5 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted September 28, 2002 - 06:54 PM

That's it, I'm shopping right now for the bike. Now I want to know if the price that my local dealer has set for ''my WR'' is fair. He is asking $6850.00 cdn + taxes. Taxes are roughly 15 % in Quebec. So that makes $1026 in taxes + $6850 = 7877.50 in cdn $$$. I live near Montreal in the province of Quebec, Canada.

May be someone knows a better place ?

• Bamster

Posted September 29, 2002 - 01:21 AM

That sounds like a pretty fair price.
I'll check with my dealer here in Cornwall Ontario.
Where do you ride ?

• Woodzi

Posted September 29, 2002 - 01:54 AM

That's a great price. I paid just over $7k at the end of last year for my 2001.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • banffboy

Posted September 29, 2002 - 05:10 AM

I've seen around $6500 out here in Albeta.........and no sales tax :)

• Ernie_Taylor

Posted September 29, 2002 - 08:22 AM

That sound like a great price $$$
$7800 is the asking price in Alberta and if you can talk the talk you should be able to get it for $7300 it the begining of the year and lower now that the WR450's are out.

Ernie :)

• Alain

Posted September 29, 2002 - 08:27 AM

Bonjour Sylvain,

I also believe that he`s got a good price... however, if I were you I`d wait an extra few months and get the 2003... Here are my 3 main reasons... aside from the 180 something modifications that yamaha did on it...

It`s a 450 (more power... can never have too much)
It`s about the same weight
It has an electric start.....

The only downfall is that it will probably cost you about 1200-1300$ more.. for me just the e-start is worth that much..

I have a 98` and I`m getting a new bike next week... 2003 KTM 525 EXC... I can`t wait :) :D

As your near Montreal maybe we could hook up sometimes. If you don`t know about go take a look. we`re a bunch of guys (a few girls) that plan rides and have a blast... the next ride is Oct 5th & 6th near Québec city.... I can`t go as the 6th is my 1st wedding aniversary but I`d be there if I could.

talk to you later

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.