FMF powercore titanium slip on

6 replies to this topic
  • McD23

Posted August 17, 2009 - 05:27 AM

Hi all
Had this pipe recommended for my 08 wr450, will be in conjunction with ais kit. Any comments on this pipe and bikes performance please?

• CanadianWR450

Posted August 17, 2009 - 12:25 PM

I have one on mine, but I also went with Hotcam's at the same time, so I can't say how much improvement was just from the exhaust.
I can tell you that the cam's, pipe, and getting the jetting right for the changes made a HUUUGE difference.

the weight savings alone is almost worth it though....quality, fit, finish is top notch, and it sound awesome. I'm running mine without spark arrestor, it is pretty loud, so be prepared if this is a concern.

Without spark arrestor, it has more mid and top end and a pretty noticeable "hit". I have a 04 though and cam's

With spark arrestor, it mellows out the hit, beefs up the bottom a little, and makes the power delivery more "linear".

• ww44wrf450f

Posted August 17, 2009 - 01:28 PM

on the 08 you will want a header too, yz or the power bomb? Go the full system, around $450 right now, I have a DR.D slip-on on my 06 and love it, but it is loud? From what I've read here on tt I would go the DR.D full System?? go stainless steal, not ti.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scubdawg

Posted August 17, 2009 - 01:35 PM

I have the Fmf Powercore 4, I can tell a big diff. over stock! It is pretty loud with out the spark arrestor..With the ais and new pipe I had to rejet due to decell popping...

• CharWR450

Posted August 17, 2009 - 02:44 PM

Buy the header too!! i put on my WR450 08 the FMF factory 4.1 slip on system and i see small different. then i replace the wr's stock header with the fmf powerbomb and.. :thumbsup: HUGE different!!!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted August 18, 2009 - 06:34 AM

on the 08 you will want a header too

+1 on this!

I would go the DR.D full System??

You might want to think twice about this as the full DR D system has the head pipe blocking the oil filter cover. :worthy:

On my 08 I went with and FMF and 08 YZ header :thumbsup:

• McD23

Posted August 18, 2009 - 09:51 AM

thanks guy,
will try with yz header.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.