Wr 400 Throttlew problem for a newbie

3 replies to this topic
  • lardyboy

Posted August 17, 2009 - 03:50 AM

Hi,

Just picked up a 99 WR 400 and got an issue

The bike ran fine but the throttle now sticks at aboput 30% open which is a bit of an issue !!!

Sorry to be dumb but what are the basic things to check in order to resolve the problem

Thanks for any help:worthy:

• kjr247

Posted August 17, 2009 - 06:13 PM

Check the cable routing and make sure the throttle is not twisted. I had the same issue on one of my kids TTR's and I just loosened it and rolled it back...all fixed. Drove me nuts too. It does not have to be out of position much. Lube the cable while your at it. Not sure what else would cause this. Maybe you need a new cable? Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto403

Posted August 17, 2009 - 11:50 PM

if the bike was laid over on the throttle side it could have pushed the tight to the grip or got sand in between the throttle and bar. happens to the kids all the time after a wipeout.

• lardyboy

Posted August 18, 2009 - 11:38 PM

Well, had a good look at the throttle and all seems well and smooth so I suppose its carb next

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.