Pro Moto Billet Muffler Insert

11 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted April 01, 2003 - 02:00 PM

Ok guys. Just picked up the new Pro Moto Billet muffler insert this afternoon. Lynn (at PMB) tested this insert against the GYT-R and they rated the same for noise levels. They both tested at 91.5-92db on my WR450! I love the looks of this all aluminum, extremely light and very trick looking insert. Take a look:

Pro Moto Billet Muffler Insert

• RSA210

Posted April 01, 2003 - 04:08 PM

Very Trick Looking DDialogue!!!!!!!!
What do they charge for that gem?
Here's my insert for the PMB YZ Pipe 94db!!
http://mypeoplepc.co.../dsc00058-1.jpg
How's the power?

• live_to_ride

Posted April 01, 2003 - 04:37 PM

How much do those cost? thanks
Chris :)

• ddialogue

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:05 PM

NICE insert!

PMB is going to charge the same as for GYT-R...$39.95. I think it looks nicer than the GYT-R, personally. :)

Not sure about performance. I was hoping to get out tomorrow but it looks like rain. I'm sure performance will be similar to the GYT-R. I really need to get jetting tuned in for these inserts.

• RSA210

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:23 PM

Well at least PMB held the line on price,thats a good thing.I also have to agree with you it IS better looking than Yamaha's piece.I was running an "E" taper needle with the YZ pipe but had to go back to the "D" taper for the insert on my 426.Have fun with your jetting party :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:50 PM

Rsa210
Where did you get that insert?Did you make it? It is real nice looking. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RSA210

Posted April 01, 2003 - 06:01 PM

That's a homemade insert blue_one all polished stainless steel.The guys over on the YZ250F side came up with the idea I just kinda took It a step further. :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted April 01, 2003 - 06:10 PM

I like it now i'm off to the 250 side to find the post.
:)
Thanks

• HGuthery

Posted April 02, 2003 - 06:26 AM

Pro Moto,
How is the performance I am in the market for an insert. What do all of the small holes around the outside do (it appears nothing). Sure looks pretty though.

• MorrisWR

Posted April 02, 2003 - 08:09 AM

Have you compared your insert flow rates to the GYT-R insert? I was wondering how it compares with noise levels also. Thanks.

• MorrisWR

Posted April 02, 2003 - 08:14 AM

Whoops, see ddialogue posted sound comparisons. The PMB does look nice. I have the Yama insert and I have to say the PMB looks better. But, if they perform the same I'll still be happy...

• Wicked_Crash

Posted April 03, 2003 - 01:25 PM

How does the pro moto billet insert quiet the bike down without becoming restrictive? It looks like a fancier version of the stock baffle we all throw away because it is so restrictive.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.