anybody wanna sell a damper????

10 replies to this topic
  • c2

Posted December 04, 2000 - 05:12 AM

I know, most likely a futile attempt, but with lots of people getting new bikes I thought maybe there might be one sitting on a bench somewhere. Thanks.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 04, 2000 - 11:54 AM

stop kidding yourself :)

Brian

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted December 04, 2000 - 03:52 PM

Actually, I just happen to have a beautiful newly serviced (by Scotts of course,) Scotts steering dampner sitting in my garage just waiting for a new owner! It is in excellent condition, It was on my WR for about 6 mo's. and even has brand new seals, fluid and adjustment knob. (I lost the original knob and fluid at an mx track and that's why it went in for service.) I also have the top clamp and pin (without post) too.
Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours.
Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org
" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org
</A>

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 04, 2000 - 04:05 PM

Erik,
Check your email.

Brian

• Taffy

Posted December 05, 2000 - 03:40 AM

brian!

you wouldn't go & outbid old c2 would you? would you!!!

well, well, well, well!!!!

how can you live with yourself? how can you sleep at night. the shame of it! the hurt! the torment!

I WILL NEVER LOOK AT YOU THE SAME AGAIN!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted December 05, 2000 - 03:40 AM

brian!

you wouldn't go & outbid old c2 would you? would you!!!

well, well, well, well!!!!

how can you live with yourself? how can you sleep at night. the shame of it! the hurt! the torment!

I WILL NEVER LOOK AT YOU THE SAME AGAIN!!!!!

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted December 05, 2000 - 12:01 PM

Hmmmm..... pretty sneaky huh?..... I'm a gentleman and will give T2.. I mean CO2...uhh
I mean C2 first dibs. Sorry Brian. :D Hey, maybe I could start a bidding war!!! :) these dampners are like gold around here! :D
Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
</A>

[This message has been edited by So Cal Erik (edited 12-05-2000).]

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 05, 2000 - 01:30 PM

Just so I don't get on Taffy's bad side I told Erik that I would purchase it IF he & C2 were unable to work out a deal.

So does this mean I have first dibs the next time somebody on this site has a damper for sale?

Brian

• So_Cal_Erik

Posted December 05, 2000 - 02:51 PM

Brian, (you had to know you were gonna get ribbed, didn't you?)I'll wait 2 days for a response from C2 and then if I don't get a response, I'll
sell it to you. Erik

------------------
So Cal Erik
</A>

• Bryan

Posted December 05, 2000 - 02:53 PM

Hey Brian, in Moab, you had a brand new dampner sitting in a box in your tool box NOT ON YOUR BIKE! How many more do you need?
:)
Bryan...

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted December 05, 2000 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, well if I had taken the time to install the damper in Moab I might not have trashed my radiator....

This one would be for the wife's XR250. Might even put a mount on my KX500....

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.