• WB450

Posted August 17, 2009 - 10:51 AM

She sure is and thanks WB
I hope to still get dirty.....
I will still harrass all here don't worry.:worthy:

Sorry she.:thumbsup:

• laserracer

Posted August 17, 2009 - 12:46 PM

Laser thanks for sharing...you got me beat, 2 heart attacks/3stents vs 1heart attack/1 stent (me):thumbsup:

I am calling my doctor on this Clot busting injection.....I assume it broke up the clot very fast?

Pm me on this homeopathic stress relief - I will google and bing it

THE KEY IS TO STAY CALM!!!!
definitely great advice.....

HI yep i was lucky i was only 3 km's away from a hospital and was with my family at the time i was riding
ER doctor took one look at me and wired me up and said it looked like a possible blood clot then said he was going to administer a clot busting injection ...like i cared i just wanted the pain to stop ..lol he gave it to me and as i watched my heart beat on the screen i felt and at the same time seen my heart sorta flutter and all of a sudden the pain just eased... then it was a very FAST 90 mph at times trip back to a major hospital 120km away my wife was sitting in the front of the ambulance as i had 2 nurses to keep me company:thumbsup:.Once in the coronary care icu they checked everything over and found a bit more damage to the heart but no signs of a blockage.
I have been fine since that was 6 months ago ,ive even taken up weight training .. just conintrating on my upper body and arms and shoulders
I will PM you with the name and brand of that panic med
cheers Dave

• The Italian Stallion

Posted August 17, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Jason hang in there and think positive buddy:thumbsup:
I also had spinal meningitis when I was 15....talk about the worst headaches I have ever experienced......that one almost killed me...thank god for respirator on a van ride to the hospital 3days late

Geez you've had some close ones eh? Yeah I waited to long myself Dr said if if I waited one more day I'd be dead meat..but me being Superman and all.How long did your headaches last? I am going on six months now.I wake up in the mornings feeling like I have a real bad hangover man I'm starting to think that this is how it is going to be from now on for me.How was it for you did you fully recover?...How about those headaches ha?:thumbsup: like a cattle prod stuck through your skull.

• laserracer

Posted August 17, 2009 - 09:13 PM

[quote name='Ga426owner']Sorry this is not that related to YZFs specifically, but I have been here a long darn time and some of you are like brothers to me, only long distance. Hopefully Grey will keep it here

Hi buddy i have found the web site for the panic med
you have PM mail

• Ga426owner

Posted August 18, 2009 - 05:15 AM

Geez you've had some close ones eh? Yeah I waited to long myself Dr said if if I waited one more day I'd be dead meat..but me being Superman and all.How long did your headaches last? I am going on six months now.I wake up in the mornings feeling like I have a real bad hangover man I'm starting to think that this is how it is going to be from now on for me.How was it for you did you fully recover?...How about those headaches ha?:worthy: like a cattle prod stuck through your skull.

At 15yrs old, I was at a reform school for adolesents that had too much fun in life, if you know what I mean and at first I thought it was the flu. Of course the staff thought I was pulling a fast one, until red spots appeared all over my body. Then the head aches started and turned into migrains and then turned into feeling like someone was pounding my head with a sledgehammer. I was literally screaming in agony all night long at infirmary with very high temp. This went on 2 days until the staff figured out something was really wrong with me. My temp went above 105 -106 and they rushed me to hospital 45mi away. I stopped breathing on the way - they had a portable respirator thank god. I arrived at hospital just in time otherwise I would have been dead. Everyone at the facility had to take med to prevent spreading...it was a real hoot. My parents did not think so though...
Afterwards I had heavy duty head rush feeling for 6-8 mos just from walking or getting up. This will go away eventually but yea, get used to light headiness for a while.
take care :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mywifefarts

Posted February 20, 2011 - 09:43 AM

How are you fairing healthwise these days?

• Gunner354

Posted February 20, 2011 - 11:31 AM

Did the Dr. tell you that the clot was from an arrhythmia? Specifically atrial-fib?
Anyone with the slightest funny feeling in the chest should get checked out. Even if the episode is brief.
The other thing that has not been mentioned is high blood pressure. Known as the silent killer. Everyone should see a Dr. At least once a year for a standard check up. Many ailments can be caught before they become a big problem.
I had a bout of arrhythmia's about a year ago. Scared the hell out me because I have a family history of it. I actually had a bout at work and was able to put myself on a 12 lead heart monitor. I was shocked to see myself in bigeminy. After a treadmill test and and beta blocker for mild hypertension all arrhythmia's are gone. No blockage after the echo.
I have been taking regular aspirin since my 37 y/o cousin died from an MI about 13 hrs ago. I attribute the no blockage to that. Think of it this way. Aspirin is an acid and what is used to clean hard deposits from pipes or the water scale line on a pool?
I could babble for a long time on the subject but I won't.
Take care and if you have any questions please ask.

Edited by Gunner354, February 20, 2011 - 11:50 AM.

• brentn

Posted February 20, 2011 - 12:13 PM

Damn, I really hope you get better there bud.
Staying in shape by riding is a great start but eating right is just as important.

• Polar_Bus

Posted February 22, 2011 - 02:57 AM

Sorry this is not that related to YZFs specifically, but I have been here a long darn time and some of you are like brothers to me, only long distance. Hopefully Grey will keep it here

After a very hot summer and very little riding due to heat and daddy responsibilities to my 1yr old, (yep I am a late starter)I just had a MRI on my heart done this week. I have a blood clot in my left ventricle and now I am on Cumenden to break it up. Some of you know, I had a heart attack on Sept 9th 2001 at 38yrs old while racing (yes on the track) Motocross in N. Ga.....stupid divorce and high cholesterol...helped cause this and attached a $10k dollar heli ride to Hospital in Atlanta coupled with $275k hospital bills that were covered by insurance thank God! Since then I have been almost 100% until recent chest discomfort past 3 weeks. :rant:

Unfortunately, my cooler riding scheduled for between now - next 3mos has been cancelled by my Cardiologist. I am so friggin bummed. Racing & Riding, you see, has been and continues to be my therapy for stress mgmt and emotional well being.....now I must find something else to do to help in these 2 areas. I am praying this clot is gone in 3mos (new echocardiogram then), otherwise my days in the dirt may be gone forever. And my outlet my go back to 4 wheels fulltime or 2 wheel street.(totally new)

Sorry to vent, but if you youngers guys can learn anything from this.....get the cholesterol checked and if it is high....get on some meds to get it down. And get on exercise routine! I ignored taking pills in my early 30s and now I have to take 8 per day the rest of my life. The Heart can not ever repair itself...once damaged always damaged. Learn from this :smirk:

Oh man, what a suck deal..... best you can do is stay focused on getting healthy, and to your credit like you are doing thus far, stay in conact with your doctor to keep moving in a positive direction of better health ! It's a "bump" in the road, so keep your chin up and your fighting gloves on !
Myself, I don't know what I would do if I was told I could no longer ride a motorcycle....

Godspeed to you..... !

• Ga426owner

Posted February 22, 2011 - 06:35 AM

I am still kickin....smirk:
Clot is long gone, meds diet and exercise. :smirk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.