Foam insert instead of inner tube

5 replies to this topic
  • badkarma

Posted April 01, 2003 - 09:26 AM

Anybody use them? Where to get them?
Thanks

• r1superstar

Posted April 01, 2003 - 01:35 PM

They are not as great as they sound. I read about them the other day. They may come apart during use. I must advise agaisnt getting them. Just use a good HD tube and you'll be good to go.................db

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 01, 2003 - 04:54 PM

Get Moose HD tubes they are very thick, strong and durable.
Foam is for raceing in rocky or thistley conditions or long remote journeys wear you can not afford to get a flat. The foam cells weaken and wear out for them to be practical for most weekend riders.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:36 PM

They may come apart during use.

Only if not properly lubed. Mooses will last for quite awhile if taken care of.

Dodger :) :D

• r1superstar

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:48 PM

Only if not properly lubed. Mooses will last for quite awhile if taken care of.

Dodger

Thanks for the tibit of info. I'm still learning about these cool products. I was unaware they had to be lubed. Testimonials are worth every letter typed.

• allinson

Posted April 02, 2003 - 04:03 AM

Go and buy a heavy duty tube. Take you old tube, cut out the valve stem and then cut the inner side of the tube all the way around. Place your new heavy duty tube inside of this and put in your tire. This works very well. I run 18-19 pounds and have never had a flat.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.