WR 450 03 vs 520 EXC 02 ?

5 replies to this topic
  • Alain

Posted September 25, 2002 - 05:00 PM

Which one should I pick..... I`m looking to trade my 98` WR 400...

the KTM will cost me appox. 2800$ CDN more... about 1750$ US.

Is it worth it for...

hydrolic clutch
linkless rear suspension
pro-taper style magura aluminium bars
no tool air filter access
panoram computer**
street leagal**
+ other things that I might have overlooked manuverability? suspension(WP vs. Kayaba)? Brakes? motor response ? etc....

**the bike is brand new, it`s just that they installed the street legal kit and the panoram for a guy that finally didn`t buy it...

any opinion you guys might have would help me in my decision making !!

• Alain

Posted September 26, 2002 - 06:08 AM

forget about it guys.... I`ve decided to spoil myself and get the 2003 525 EXC.... I`ll be getting it next week...

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 26, 2002 - 06:22 AM

Al, But won't you miss your Hebo clutch? haha

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alain

Posted September 26, 2002 - 06:58 AM

Well the KTM comes stock with the Magura unit which is somewhat stiffer than the hebo... but with all the other stuff that comes stock I don`t really mind that I`m loosing the hebo....

I`m F**ing ecstatic :D :D :D

I can`t think straight.. maybe that`s why I spent so much !! :) :D

• Ron_S

Posted September 26, 2002 - 12:41 PM

KTM 520, or the 525. Both great bikes, E-start, lighter, lower seat height, I made the switch, much more enjoyable. Much more maintenance though.

• Alain

Posted September 27, 2002 - 01:21 AM

Much more maintenance though.

Can you descirbe ??

I know that it has two oil filters & 2 screens instead of one filer...

do the valves need more checking ?? what else ??

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.