what HP?

4 replies to this topic
  • McD23

Posted August 12, 2009 - 11:31 PM

Hi All
I am about to pull the trigger on 08 motarded 450 ( stock engine and pipe )
I am wondering what hp I can expect to put out with jetting,airbox, full pipe and grey wire mod done.
I currently have 08 Drz400sm with bbkit,cams,carb,pipe and flowed head which is fun(48hp) so don't want to be disappointed when I make the swop.
tx

• DrzDasher

Posted August 13, 2009 - 02:05 AM

I am not sure on the hp, but you will not be disappointed. Whole different animal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted August 13, 2009 - 04:58 AM

You will need to un-cork and re-jet to get what you are looking for. Stock is wimpy. Add a pipe and an exhaust cam, and you will be in heaven.

Still, even just uncorked, there is no comparison between the two bikes. The WR has torque down low, weighs much less.

• klossWR450

Posted August 13, 2009 - 12:11 PM

fully breathing WR with stock engine - 50bhp at the back wheel http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=561830

• djv5

Posted August 19, 2009 - 04:38 PM

My 2007 uncorked, JD jet kit, stock pipe made 44hp at real wheel with about 500 miles of break-in.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.