Yz125 engine noise

7 replies to this topic
  • Cmc681

Posted August 12, 2009 - 07:57 PM

Alright so my '06 Yz125 has this weird noise coming out of the motor. I thought it was something in the clutch and after taking apart and inspecting many times I have come to the conclusion that the clutch isn't it. It's really an indescribable noise, not a grinding, pinging, scratching or anything like that. The bike will be running, not in gear and sound fine then the noise will start and either just go away for a minute or go away when I put it in gear. The bike also rides fine it just makes the noise when not in gear. I am going to try to take it to the shop tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem. Thanks.

• RBYM

Posted August 12, 2009 - 11:21 PM

My 06 YZ125 makes a whining noise in neutral and only neutral, it is almost undetectable though and it is brand new also. I think it is normal.

• MOTOPHILE

Posted August 13, 2009 - 10:49 AM

Could be the main bearings about to go, and only make a noise (so far) while under a load...

• scooter042

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:15 PM

Is it a rumbling whirring noise with a bit of diesel motor sound? If it is just go ride. All my 2 strokes have had that noise until I pull in the clutch or put it in gear.

YAY! 100 posts...
booo. not half full. wanted to be at half tank by now. ...must...try... harder.

• Cmc681

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:33 PM

Would the noise go on and off? Because now that I think of it it is a kind of like that.

• scooter042

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:38 PM

It could go on and off. Does it get quieter when the clutch is pulled in?

How many hours on it and when was the last oil change?

• RBYM

Posted August 14, 2009 - 12:43 AM

Is it a rumbling whirring noise with a bit of diesel motor sound? If it is just go ride. All my 2 strokes have had that noise until I pull in the clutch or put it in gear.

YAY! 100 posts...
booo. not half full. wanted to be at half tank by now. ...must...try... harder.

Same here! :thumbsup:

• Cmc681

Posted August 17, 2009 - 08:10 PM

No the noise doesn't change with the clutch or rpm's. I took it to the shop and the tech didn't know exactly what it was. I am going to split the cases to inspect since that's the only thing I can do.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 yz 80 crank bearings out by Wheelierider3

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Yz250 crank shaft flywheel stripped problem! by jacob_buttery

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo

85 or 150? by drzrider04

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

What should I get for my next bike? by JHodel20

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 20 replies
Forums
Photo

2014 yz250 Gearbox Problems by Hoffy77

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.