Stronger Impeller Shaft for an 06

6 replies to this topic
  • almostinvincible119

Posted August 12, 2009 - 01:36 PM

Where in the world can I find a stronger impeller shaft for my waterpump... seems like every 30 hours, mine goes to $hit. I know CV4 shows one in their catalog but everytime I have asked a distributor, they can't seem to find anything.

• grayracer513

Posted August 12, 2009 - 03:00 PM

Checked your balancer bearings? Read this:

http://www.thumperta...956#post8131956

On the CV4 shaft, have you tried calling them directly?

• NortonMoto

Posted August 12, 2009 - 08:17 PM

Go here page 18.
http://www.cv4.net/c...alog ONLINE.pdf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 13, 2009 - 06:05 AM

Where in the world can I find a stronger impeller shaft for my waterpump... seems like every 30 hours, mine goes to $hit. I know CV4 shows one in their catalog but everytime I have asked a distributor, they can't seem to find anything.

every 30hrs? I see you are in Florida and I know how friggin hot it gets there....Geez may i suggest this? This product will help lower the temp extending the life of the shaft seals and bearings. It works much better than Water Wetter or those types of products.
http://www.evanscooling.com

• grayracer513

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:25 AM

This product will help lower the temp

I'd like to dispute that. Evans is, as far as I know, straight ethylene glycol coolant. As such, it has a ridiculously high boiling point, which is helpful if coolant loss from boil over is your biggest cooling problem. It will also help avoid hot spot boiling within an engine, (which you would see as boil over anyway). If that isn't happening, it won't help you, and there simply is no coolant that will transfer as much heat as straight water.

What that means is that the coolant will not pick up as much heat from the engine as water does, nor release it to the radiator as readily. So, while the coolant temperature may be lower, the head temp may actually be higher. If the goal is lower engine temperatures, the best choice is a water/coolant mix that has enough boilover protection to keep it liquid, but as much water in it as possible.

• Ga426owner

Posted August 14, 2009 - 05:11 AM

I'd like to dispute that. Evans is, as far as I know, straight ethylene glycol coolant. As such, it has a ridiculously high boiling point, which is helpful if coolant loss from boil over is your biggest cooling problem. It will also help avoid hot spot boiling within an engine, (which you would see as boil over anyway). If that isn't happening, it won't help you, and there simply is no coolant that will transfer as much heat as straight water.

What that means is that the coolant will not pick up as much heat from the engine as water does, nor release it to the radiator as readily. So, while the coolant temperature may be lower, the head temp may actually be higher. If the goal is lower engine temperatures, the best choice is a water/coolant mix that has enough boilover protection to keep it liquid, but as much water in it as possible.

I am too tired to dispute you Grey.......:thumbsup:

• almostinvincible119

Posted August 15, 2009 - 06:40 AM

Well, Im running Engine Ice and it seems to work great...until the bike starts leaking it. Then its like 20 bucks running onto the ground. I will try calling them directly, but I was hoping that I could order it through my sponsor and get direct pricing on it, but I guess I could just suck it up and pay the 50 bucks or whatever it is for the CV4 piece.

Thanks everyone

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.