2008 YZ 250 JD Jetting? and Boyesen Rad Valve?

2 replies to this topic
  • 650RACER

Posted August 12, 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hey guys so I recently picked up an 08 YZ 250 and naturally I have a heap of parts coming for it. I ordered a JD jet kit as I have used them on all my 4 strokes over the years w/ great results. Naturally I assumed that his kit for the 2 stroke would be equally as good.

The bike I bought came w/ the Boyesen Rad Valve and I am wonderng if any of you have any experience w/ JD Jetting? Do any of you have any experience w/ the Boyesen Rad valve? I dont.

What about JD jetting and the Rad valve together?

Broad question I know but the rad valve instructions say to use 1 size leaner main and possibly pilot. I know JD's kits have a tapered needle and are set up leaner than stock already.

Any input would be great. I will post some pics when I get her finished and once I have a chance to ride her this Sunday :thumbsup:
Thanks

• djmamayek

Posted August 12, 2009 - 01:49 PM

Rad valve is good for some mid and up power, probably lose a bit of bottom. I don't think you'll have any troubles with the JD setup and the Rad Valve. I personally have no experience with the JD Jetting, but the Rad Valve is great... I've used V-Force and Boyesen and have preffered Boyesen.

• yathump

Posted August 12, 2009 - 03:51 PM

I'd contact JD himself just to see if he has any input in this

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 yz 80 crank bearings out by Wheelierider3

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ250 2013 by MXRider72

Yamaha YZ250 2013
  • 4 reviews
  • Last review by phantom451
  • On August 10, 2014
Forums
Photo

1998 yz125? by Cort003

• 6 replies
Forums
Photo

10 Best Mods For The 2006 Yamaha Yz250 by thebearYZ250

• Hot  27 replies
Forums
Photo

87 yz 250 by ccauvel

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.