Canadian bike questions... I may be getting one

11 replies to this topic
  • live_to_ride

Posted March 31, 2003 - 06:39 PM

What is different from the us version of the wr 450? Please list everything you can think of. Thanks a million
Chris :)

• mdr001

Posted March 31, 2003 - 07:19 PM

the canadian edition has...
NO THROTLE STOP
NO SNORKEL ON AIR BOX
NO GRAY WIRE
comes stock with...
160 MAIN JET
48 PILOT JET
the exhaust is sealed and cannot be modified

the bike has best of both worlds euro specs with U.S. suspension !

• live_to_ride

Posted March 31, 2003 - 08:15 PM

Thanks! How does the exhaust flow compared to the us version? Anyone else?

• WR450

Posted March 31, 2003 - 08:24 PM

The exhaust is disgusting it looks and sounds like a scooter exhaust

We are busy modifying one and will post some pics when we are finished

• live_to_ride

Posted April 01, 2003 - 04:05 PM

TTT thanks

• live_to_ride

Posted April 05, 2003 - 08:43 PM

Anyone got anything else? Are the suspension and frame the same? What is the difference in the tires? :) Thanks!!

Chris :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chewie

Posted April 06, 2003 - 03:30 AM

I'm living in Alberta Canada myself and am still waiting for my Wr to be sent to the dealers :) I'd be interested to know these things as well as I've already ordered the throttle stop and the exhaust insert from gyt.

• ETP

Posted April 06, 2003 - 03:34 AM

Beware. Some state DMV's are starting to ask for EPA reports on Canadian purchased bikes. I have had problems in Arizona and California.

• chewie

Posted April 06, 2003 - 03:45 AM

ETP if you have the canadian bike was your exhaust sealed as mentioned by mdr001 .... :)

• bleedblue

Posted April 06, 2003 - 06:04 AM

I have a Canadian version and the exhaust comes welded, you can't remove the baffle like the American version. There is no throttle stop, grey wire or airbox snorkle and it comes with dunlop tires. I live at about 3,500 ft. and the jetting seems perfect but I use a DrD pipe.

• Beta_Man

Posted April 06, 2003 - 11:13 AM

I was thinking about buying a DRD pipe what do you think of it. in what part of the powerband does it pull the hardest.

• bleedblue

Posted April 06, 2003 - 11:32 AM

I didn't even start the bike with the stock exhaust on it so I don't have any comparison. The DrD pipe pulls very hard from the bottom all the way through the mid and seems to taper off a little on top. The pipe works perfect for my purposes (cc and mx) but I'm still not used to the power and speed it will carry compared to my YZ426, its way too fast in some cases.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.