Need softer seat for wr426

6 replies to this topic
  • hoosierdude22

Posted August 11, 2009 - 06:42 PM

Does anyone know of there is a softer seat that will fit my '02 WR 426?

• tp3dxf

Posted August 11, 2009 - 11:47 PM

Look for a tall seat. Give Gutsracing a call they can help out.

http://www.gutsracin...yamahamain.html

• Dee Perry

Posted August 12, 2009 - 09:20 AM

If your cheap like I am, lol, I just pulled the staples holding the cover, cut several 1" holes in the original foam, went to the local fabric store, picked up some soft foam to add to the seat and stapled the cover back on. Took about 2 hours and 12 bucks. Went on a 72 mile ride yesterday with no monkeybutt. With the old seat I could only make it a couple of hours or 30 or so miles.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pablo83

Posted August 12, 2009 - 01:49 PM

I've got a Guts racing seat. I really like it.

• hoosierdude22

Posted August 13, 2009 - 06:11 AM

Thanks! I'm there and it looks good.

• hoosierdude22

Posted August 13, 2009 - 06:13 AM

I thought about that. I had a guy tell me to drill out a bunch of small holes from the back which will break the foam down a little. I tried that and still had monkeybutt (i use that term all the time). I may look at your solution if the Guts seat is too pricey. Either way, two good solutions. Thanks!

• hoosierdude22

Posted August 13, 2009 - 06:14 AM

Checking that out now. Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.