completely off-topic...adventure racing?

3 replies to this topic
  • YZeezee

Posted September 25, 2002 - 09:08 PM

Does anyone know about any of the "adventure races" that take place in CO? I'm talking about the kind that usually involve mtn biking, hiking, climbing, navigating, etc...
I've never participated in one, but would like to check them out. Also, anyone know of popular biathlons (biking and running, no swimming). Thanks to anyone who has experience with this stuff in the CO area.

• cnacc

Posted September 25, 2002 - 10:52 AM

You just missed a duathalon here in Salida. They have it yearly. My girlfriend did the triathlon, so I don't know the distances for the duathalon. Check out the free publication Rocky Mountain Sports, it comes out monthly.
They list almost every activity/competition in the Rockies. They can be found at most bike/sports shops. Look in the back and you shall find what you need. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZeezee

Posted September 25, 2002 - 12:12 PM

I'll do that-thanks a lot!

• mikeolichney

Posted September 25, 2002 - 12:40 PM

YZeezee, I cant help with the adventure racing but I know alot about the Tri/Du/mtn bike racing in the area. I have done the Hawaii Ironman 4 times and at least 100 other events, like 24 hrs of Moab, marathons, etc. I was the University of Colorado triathlon coach for 2 years. You can email me at mikeolichney@hotmail.com.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.