Are 05 and 06 wr450 frames the same?

2 replies to this topic
  • ggbshe

Posted August 10, 2009 - 05:37 PM

Aren't 05's and 06's the steel frame. I found this used skid plate for sale http://www.powerpart...skid-plate.aspx It says it will fit 06-09's, but I thought the 05's and 06's were the same. I am wondering if the skid plate would fit my 05.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ggbshe

Posted August 10, 2009 - 05:51 PM

Well it looks like i misread and this is actually for a YZ. YZ's have an aluminum frame in 06, and WR's in 07. Correct me if im wrong, but the plate will not fit.

• CharWR450

Posted August 11, 2009 - 10:50 PM

Yeah. thats right, YZ 06 and the next models have the aluminium frame. instead WR's which use the aluminium on 07' 08' 09' models. probably the skid plate will not fit on your bike.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.