Has anyone installed Gold Valves them selfs

2 replies to this topic
  • comp182

Posted March 31, 2003 - 01:02 PM

I am going to attempt to do them my self! Does anyone have any feed back on this??? Also what did you notice after you installed them????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blitzer544

Posted March 31, 2003 - 04:38 PM

I did mine about a month ago. The instructions could be a lot better. I found them to be a bit confusing. The only real pain was getting to the midvalve and the instruction tape did not deal with that at all. After doing the first one, the second was much easier. I did have a lot of doubts midway through the job and wondered why I had attempted it. In the end the suspension is better but I wonder if I could have just modified the stock shim stack. I do not want to discourage you. I just want you to know it was a much more involved job than I originally thought. If you have any questions just ask. Good Luck!!

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 31, 2003 - 06:16 PM

I think it is best to leave it to a suspension expert for the money. I agree with Blitzer544 you have to have resolve to get it done and be patient. I would rather tear apart the engine then mess with fork valving. I fear I would screw it up and be disappointed with the performance.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.