wr450 vs. crf 450

4 replies to this topic
  • motorx212

Posted September 25, 2002 - 07:18 AM

lookin for a new bike getting rid of my xr 400 for something lighter and with better shocks. like honda much better than yamaha, but i do alot of first and second gear riding. what do you guys think should i get the crf and do some work to prevent over heating or wait for the wr450

• Blade275

Posted September 25, 2002 - 07:21 AM

If you like the power of your XR400, then I would reccomend a YZ or WR250F. they actually have one more horsepower than an XR400 and are miles lighter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted September 25, 2002 - 07:41 AM

Yo Motorx;

Your deciding between two fine machines, but two differnet ones at that. The CRF currently is a more motocross style bike, while the WR is more suited for off road trail riding. Don't get me wrong, the CRF will tackel any trail any other bike will, but it will be lacking lights, a fly wheel weight, and wide ratio trany. And like Blade said, you also have the 250F's to throw into the mix, they are also lighter and better sprung than the XR4, and more powerful. Just a few thoughts for you......

Dodger :D :)

• FTD

Posted September 25, 2002 - 07:48 AM

Two of my buddies crf's have gone down. tons of trouble with them so far. Go with the wrf... button, light etc...

• Sweet_on_my_WR__426

Posted September 25, 2002 - 03:59 PM

I have taken my buddies 03 crf out a couple of times and I am very impressed. It handles great and feels light in the corners, great power too. I have yet to try a new YZ.
That said I love the WR and will only ride blue.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.