How can I make a 2008 WR450 perform better?

9 replies to this topic
  • vetexp790

Posted August 10, 2009 - 06:51 AM

How can I wake up a 2008 WR450? Just wondering which mods can be done? I remember some older stuff, like the gray wire, is the valve timing, the same as a YZ version?
What would you suggest, jetting, intake, exhuast, ignition?? Thanks

• byggd

Posted August 10, 2009 - 06:54 AM

Did you look through the sticky at the top of the forum? :thumbsup:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=440372

• rkwfxd1

Posted August 10, 2009 - 09:29 AM

^x2....

• ww44wrf450f

Posted August 10, 2009 - 05:03 PM

The info is at your fingertips :thumbsup: :worthy: :)

Free mods -- grey wire(under your left side plate), cut out air box and remove snorkle, ais removal kit , jetting ( jd jet kit ).

FRom there its either gut the muffler or a slip-on ( Dr.D etc. ),
fmf megabomb header or a yz header,

vortex ignition or other

hot-cams ( exhaust only )

high comp piston

big bore kit

port polish and shave the head

• bfroehlke

Posted August 11, 2009 - 03:26 PM

im just wondering what jets to use on my wr450f with a fmf speed muffler?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redhurricane

Posted August 12, 2009 - 11:13 AM

Suspension. Get the thing sprung and set for your weight. it's a great bike out of the box other than the "free stuff". I'm on an '06 but still unable to tap the bike's full potential based on MY skill level.

• ranger85

Posted August 12, 2009 - 05:51 PM

Simple, free mods: Remove gray wire, remove snorkels in airbox, remove AIS if you have the option, yz throttle stop, JD Jet kit(A MUST), DRD Full exhaust(Or basically any exhaust other than stocker), and you better hang on my friend, it will put a smile on your face from ear to ear.

• jaymo

Posted August 13, 2009 - 08:35 AM

Simple, free mods: Remove gray wire, remove snorkels in airbox, remove AIS if you have the option, yz throttle stop, JD Jet kit(A MUST), DRD Full exhaust(Or basically any exhaust other than stocker), and you better hang on my friend, it will put a smile on your face from ear to ear.

Ranger, your avitar is disturbing to say the least.

• ranger85

Posted August 13, 2009 - 07:23 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks.

• ww44wrf450f

Posted August 14, 2009 - 03:27 AM

He is saying your avatar is offensive, IMO get rid of it?It's shows a lack of character on your persona!!:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.