02' WR426 new problem

3 replies to this topic
  • pgdirtman

Posted March 31, 2003 - 10:37 AM

Bought new. I've done the BK mod, air box, shorten throttle stop, uncorked the pipe, YZ timed, grey wire cut. It has run great for a year. Now I'm fouling plugs and I have a bad bog on the bottom. Also the pipe gets red hot as soon as I fire the bike up. I've tried re-jetting the main, pilot and needle in numerous configurations to no joy. I've cleaned the carb twice. I've put it back to the original setup and still no joy. The accelerator pump is what I suspect is my problem but it seems to work properly (.3 sec). I'm out of suggestions. I'm form NC.

• KiwiThumper

Posted March 31, 2003 - 10:39 AM

Dirt is life ...... and life is Dirt ...
Go figure :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted March 31, 2003 - 01:39 PM

She sounds a bit rich...What jetting are you running now? What conditions and elevation do you ride in?

• RSA210

Posted March 31, 2003 - 01:57 PM

Did you drain & fill the tank with fresh fuel?No use in cleaning the carb if your tank is full of sediment or water.Take a fuel sample.THEN just to make sure take your carb apart to make sure the slide is'nt in backwards.We may need more info.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.