I found the mole

21 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 29, 2001 - 08:21 AM

I found the mole who forwarded my e-mail to my corporate headquaters.........

It was Camelbak!!!!

I sent them an email about them supporting ORCA and called them a bunch of "candy asses" for never doing anything for us bikers. I may have said something about VP Sky George as well. Luckily, I did not use any foul language. They replied with a statement similar to the following; "Did you know this is what your employee is doing at work?" It's intention on their behalf was less than honerable. They didn,t have the courage to reply to me. Sorry for not doing all my research prior to my previous posts. Deep down inside I knew it wasn't from this site, but I had to cover my ass from all the angles. I won't be joining back up untill I get an e-mail set up in a way it can't be tied to my work. You guys are the BEST and will be reading your discussion while I am away.

if anyone is interested, The adress I used was webmaster@camelbak.com
I just clicked on it from their web site.

Thanks to all for everything and I'll be back soon.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 03-29-2001).]

• TheBOS

Posted March 29, 2001 - 08:25 AM

Sorry you have to leave Mike!

Needless to say I will not be buying any Camelback products!

Keep in touch, we gotta go riding sometime soon.

Gotta go email Camelback....I guess I will do it from home though...

-Brett

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 29, 2001 - 08:36 AM

If any of you choose to email camelbak your support will be grealy appreciated, but PLEASE be carefull and DON'T use your work adress if is against your work policy. It is not worth getting any crap over. They did NOT deny any aligations of supporting the environmenta groups. They do list motorcycles as one of their uses on their site but yet they don't support OHV's in any ways. I am done with mine. I can't bring myself to wear it now. It was a sweet pack.

Mike

• Pete_Z

Posted March 29, 2001 - 09:27 AM

mike68-not happy at all to hear of your troubles.I am going to e-mail those Camelbak bastards and let them know how I feel about them and their support of environmental groups.I personally will never,stock,sell or use any Camelbak product ever again.

• Heywood

Posted March 29, 2001 - 09:37 AM

Mike:

I can't believe that they would stoop that low! Those #$*%&! I will definately give them a piece of my mind.....

Hope to see you back sometime soon. I am sure you will receive a lot of support from your brothers here at TT.

• BruceWA

Posted March 29, 2001 - 09:49 AM

mike - they showed what a spineless individual, or company, can do to someone IF they choose to. Looking forward to your return when you have a home e-mail address.

• BruceWA

Posted March 29, 2001 - 10:10 PM

Apparently there is no SPINE in the CamelBAK.

:)

• Bryan Bosch

Posted March 29, 2001 - 10:24 PM

Hey, I have a new name for Camelback... How about, "Camelbackstabbers!"

• Pete_Z

Posted March 29, 2001 - 11:42 AM

Bryan Bosch-you are a classic! :)

• Mark_M

Posted March 29, 2001 - 11:54 AM

I will also email them at C-back...
I have a Moose drink pak- it comes with 2 insulated plastic containers so you can keep an extra back at the truck...... It will zip-tie onto the back of your chest protector...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 29, 2001 - 12:19 PM

Mike,
Camelbak's HQ is just down the road from me, they're in Petaluma, CA - I'm in Santa Rosa. Anybody in particular that you'd like me to have a 'discussion' with? :) I'd be more than happy to hand deliver any written (or other types of person to person communication) directly to their office.

What they, probably an individual, did is inexcusable. I'll be taking a nice little letter to them.

Brian

[This message has been edited by Brian Meadows (edited 03-29-2001).]

• Mad-Mike

Posted March 29, 2001 - 12:29 PM

testing123

• Mad-Mike

Posted March 29, 2001 - 12:36 PM

I had to test I've writen longs replys only to find they won't work??

Any way my wife needed a new drink system so I got her a MSRacing drink system I hope they are not made by C-BackStabbers does any body know if they make them for other brands?

That really Bites!!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 29, 2001 - 01:08 PM

Guys, Can you see what were up against? The mentality of some people, this just goes to show you the kind of people that are out there!! Mike's one of the good ones. I think Camelbak products SUCK!!!!!!!!! I will now try to get my local dealer to get rid of their entire line of products, I will not support them any more. You would think that the person(s) would pick on a guy like me instead of a guy like Mike.... Dan

• Bill

Posted March 29, 2001 - 01:12 PM

I have already sent my letter to Camelbak. I cannot beleive that a company that large would feel so threatened or be so petty, to attack a mans ability to make a living.

Scum sucking pigs!
Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted March 29, 2001 - 01:39 PM

:D :) :D :D :D :D :D

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 29, 2001 - 02:40 PM

Dan - I tried in the 'too loud' thread. You wouldn't take the bait :)

Brian

• Bryan

Posted March 29, 2001 - 04:09 PM

Careful Brian Meadows, those comments might make YOU their next target.

It's easy guys, consumer soverignity (sp?). It's what our county is based on.

Now that the camelback patton expired a few years ago, there are MANY worthy competitors on the market that make products as well as and sometimes better than Camelback. Jake has a water pack that is awesome, I wish I could remember the name of it.

So, lets use our power to spread the word. This website is getting boque unique hits per WEEK! Think we don't have the power? WRONG!

No more C-backs for me,
Bryan...

• Mojo

Posted March 29, 2001 - 05:33 PM

Platypus make a pretty good product. It has a heavy duty zip loc for easy cleaning. I use one in my road bike tank bag for long rides.

[This message has been edited by Mojo (edited 03-29-2001).]

• '00_in_Calgary

Posted March 29, 2001 - 09:39 PM

well, I just fired off my response. Being in a generally shitty mood it felt good to let out on someone that was a well-deserved recipient.

If these bozos think we are without influence, they are in for a surprise.

I feel much better now. :)

Neil

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.