YZF426 Must be Quieter

8 replies to this topic
  • ewd199

Posted August 09, 2009 - 11:25 AM

Does anyone know what exhaust would make my 426 the most quiet without robing it of power. I have D&D exhaust right now and I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on another one. I heard the FMF Q4 is the way to go but that thing is exspensive. I need an exhaust that doesnt allow the sound to travel very far. Any suggestions would help, thanks.

• The-Extractor

Posted August 09, 2009 - 11:30 AM

Maybe get the drd silencer for $50 from their website, my wr450 is stupid loud, I def need to get the insert.

• ewd199

Posted August 09, 2009 - 11:35 AM

will that fit in my exhaust, do u have a D&D exhaust? Mine is not drd.

• The-Extractor

Posted August 10, 2009 - 08:36 AM

I thought you might have mis typed it. I didnt know there is Dr D and D&D , so it will probly not fit... I have DR D exhaust on mine...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mikek671

Posted August 10, 2009 - 08:57 AM

You can look into the DB Dawg, they sell various sizes and might have one to fit your aftermarket exhaust. If you change the jetting a bit the power loss is minimal but the sound difference is worth it. I could not ride my local spots without one, makes my 250F sound like an XR.

• mr426

Posted August 14, 2009 - 09:37 PM

i just got my fmf q4 on ebay for 199.99. brand new in the box for 03 yz450f but it easily fits onto the 426. also got a fmf sx powerbomb for 87.99 new. got to love ebay.

• ewd199

Posted August 15, 2009 - 12:53 PM

yo wat is the diameter of the exhaust that you got at the spot where it slips on to the header, because i don't want my header to be to be to big

• mr426

Posted August 16, 2009 - 11:35 AM

Not sure the exact diameter but it slips right over the stock head pipe nice and snug. Just add a little high temp silicone to the tip of the head pipe first. The stock clamp does not fit but it fits soo snug and perfect that you dont even need a clamp.

• ewd199

Posted August 16, 2009 - 07:29 PM

dude can you just roughly measure it for me, my header is not stock, you wouldn't have to take it off or anything, just stick a tape measure up to it. I need to make sure the diameter is close to 1 an 7/8 of an inch. If you could do that for me I would really appreciate it.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.