XR650 Removal of emissions systems

10 replies to this topic
  • sunnymex

Posted March 31, 2003 - 08:05 AM

I own a CA model XR650 that comes with the emissions system. I want to remove it, but just need to know if anything has to change on with jetting or engine systems? What do you do with the two lines that come out of the cylinder head? Any other important tips that I should know about? Thanks for the help.

• bigtom17

Posted March 31, 2003 - 09:12 AM

Sunny, not that I we don't all have the answers but this is the most common topic. Read back a few weeks or months in 650 posts. you will find all the answers you are looking for.

• sunnymex

Posted March 31, 2003 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for the tip. I have looked back six months and did not really find anything relating to that. I did find a lot o other useful info. If you know of anyother places to read about the emissions systems, please let me know. If anyone else out there has any ideas let me know.

• Grimmer

Posted April 01, 2003 - 03:11 AM

Hit the Baja Designs web site. They offer all the info you need and a smog block-off kit.

• bigtom17

Posted April 01, 2003 - 08:37 AM

Sunny, another good sight is xr650r.net. Look for stuff about uncorking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moredesert

Posted April 01, 2003 - 11:55 AM

Sunny, do you own a XR650L or XR650R? That makes a big difference when you talk about the emission systems.

• sunnymex

Posted April 01, 2003 - 05:23 PM

I own a 650R. Sorry about that.

• f29

Posted April 02, 2003 - 09:41 PM

Call xr`s only 760-244-2626 or the site www.xrsonly.com they can answer all your questions.

Dave @ www.winnersedgeracing.com (For arm-pump & endurance) :)

• sunnymex

Posted April 03, 2003 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I just ordered a kit from Baja Designs. Anyone know how much it can improve the horsepower? If nobody knows, I will let you know next weekend.

• Moredesert

Posted April 04, 2003 - 08:53 AM

There is a big time HP gain after the smog removal and jetting. :)

• sunnymex

Posted April 04, 2003 - 08:58 AM

That is what I keep hearing. It should definetely be a nice change. Looking forward to it. I think that it will definetely make it the fastest BRP around. :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.