Applying Graphics Question

10 replies to this topic
  • mxvet37

Posted August 06, 2009 - 09:30 PM

I just purchased graphics for my 2008 YZ450F that I just picked up a few weeks ago. So far so good. BUT... What's the deal with the large circular cap on the swingarm? Do you just apply the swingarm graphics right over the top of the thing? Looks like it would cause all kinds of wrinkles and bubbles. Any tips? Thanks!

• Justin89

Posted August 06, 2009 - 09:46 PM

All the graphics kits I have had have a cut out for that piece. Look at my swingarm graphics on my bike.:thumbsup: :worthy:

Posted Image

• Dirtyrider94

Posted August 06, 2009 - 09:48 PM

No you go around the circular thing on the swingarm

• Slinkyman16

Posted August 06, 2009 - 09:48 PM

justin i hate u..

where the hell did u get thos graphics? how u like the dr.d? thinkng about ditching my ti-4 and getting a dr.d stainless..

• Justin89

Posted August 06, 2009 - 10:04 PM

justin i hate u..

where the hell did u get thos graphics? how u like the dr.d? thinkng about ditching my ti-4 and getting a dr.d stainless..

Haha the graphics are a custom design. I got them from Damien @ Dirt DNA graphics. Ask for the Justin Cisneros and Ty Keenom style lol:thumbsup: He did a real good job and had them in the mail the next day! The DRD is good, I like it. It is friggin loud when the packing gets low though. The power is great increase in all-around power. Not an increase in top end or low end, just all around.

PS Here's my rear fender. I really like how it turned out with my "sponsors" at an angle. Sorry, I'll stop thread high jacking:smirk: :thumbsup: :ride: :worthy:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TheRooster822

Posted August 07, 2009 - 07:40 AM

Not to high jack the thread, but where did you get that black coating on your forks? Could you tell a difference?

• jrny426

Posted August 07, 2009 - 07:49 AM

My hurricane kit came with swing arm graphics cut to go around the plug holes,if yours are solid I would lay it out on the swing arm and cut it out with a exacto knife

• saccityfire

Posted August 07, 2009 - 08:51 AM

My bike is jealous of your bike Justin! I finally got my OTHG backgrounds in. Now to keep away from the races...So hard...I'm being drawn in...

• Justin89

Posted August 07, 2009 - 05:20 PM

My bike is jealous of your bike Justin! I finally got my OTHG backgrounds in. Now to keep away from the races...So hard...I'm being drawn in...

Oh come on, theres round 8 at Riverfront tomorrow!:worthy: :ride: BTW, I'll trade you bikes right now! :thumbsup:

• Justin89

Posted August 07, 2009 - 05:20 PM

Not to high jack the thread, but where did you get that black coating on your forks? Could you tell a difference?

That coating is DLC coating from Enzo. and YES, I could tell a differece. But for the price....hmm

• salasmauricio

Posted August 09, 2009 - 08:24 PM

I just purchased graphics for my 2008 YZ450F that I just picked up a few weeks ago. So far so good. BUT... What's the deal with the large circular cap on the swingarm? Do you just apply the swingarm graphics right over the top of the thing? Looks like it would cause all kinds of wrinkles and bubbles. Any tips? Thanks!

Maybe you got a 2009 graphic kit, just cut and trim around the plug hole on your swingarm.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.