Brake light for wr450???

24 replies to this topic
  • Opium

Posted April 07, 2003 - 07:21 AM

That was a concern of mine too, but what we did was to route the wires along the outside of the frame member that was above the master cylinder. We secured the line with a couple of zip ties. I don't think that the heat will become a problem, and the lines are close enough to the frame, and tight enough, that I am not worried about any stray branches catching it and ripping it off.

• Fugazi

Posted April 07, 2003 - 10:08 PM

Yeah no probs with heat, :) ran the cable right up the sub frame and under the side pannel.Just make sure when you wrap your zap straps not to have them to close to your exhaust or those will melt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • willy_fitz

Posted April 08, 2003 - 03:37 AM

If you are worried about the wires being too close to the exhaust you can buy heat resistant sleeving from a good electrical supply house. The sleeving we get around here is a woven white material used in appliance repair (toasters).

• Opium

Posted April 08, 2003 - 07:41 AM

The brake light switch wiring came with a sleeve around the wires already. I have no idea if the sleeve will provide any protection at all from the heat. I believe that it will provide some protection from the heat, and protection from branches and twigs hitting it. But considering where the wiring was routed, its no real concern.

• Fugazi

Posted May 03, 2003 - 09:01 PM

yeah hes my mechanic so he knows best....... /bike/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashpc.gif

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.