trail tech vapor best spot for speedo sensor "pics"

11 replies to this topic
  • yz450fcranker

Posted August 06, 2009 - 04:10 AM

I was installing my trail tech vapor and was looking for a place to mount the speed sensor and cant find one the manual said to bolt it on the caliper mount after removing blah blah so i just screwd it on the plastic and tighten a nut to one of the magnetic bolts and honestly i think its better than what the manual suggests cuz its a a safe place :thumbsup: Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• yz450fcranker

Posted August 06, 2009 - 04:14 AM

as you can see in pic 2 a magnetic bolt that comes along with kit in the lower holes in the rotor no drilling welding no bs and screw the sensor updown or middle wherever it starts working wat do u think
:thumbsup: :worthy: :ride: :ride: :banana: :foul:

• davcon

Posted August 06, 2009 - 04:25 AM

as you can see in pic 2 a magnetic bolt that comes along with kit in the lower holes in the rotor no drilling welding no bs and screw the sensor updown or middle wherever it starts working wat do u think
:thumbsup: :worthy: :ride: :ride: :banana: :foul:

Looks good but...how much thread shows up on the inside of the fork protector? Will the fork hit it at full compression?

• yz450fcranker

Posted August 06, 2009 - 04:34 AM

about 3mm looks like it will hit but ill just have to hacksaw that much off the screw when i get back home it will clear

• LumpyBoy

Posted August 06, 2009 - 09:04 AM

My recollection is that the instructions say to mount it on the caliper, which is what I did. Was pretty straightforward.

• yz450fcranker

Posted August 07, 2009 - 01:24 AM

can u post some pics cuz i tried looking for a place to mount couldent find any

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RJB

Posted August 07, 2009 - 03:46 AM

can u post some pics cuz i tried looking for a place to mount couldent find any

Chris at Trailtech had the following to say "There is a small "S" embossed on the end of the sensor. Ideally the magnet should pass perpendicular to this "S", at a distance of no more than 1/2" away". I have some pics of where mine got mounted on my '08 450 caliper. Hope it helps. Oh, and try to keep it from getting too wet - they seem to leak and fog up (at least mine does).

Posted Image
Posted Image

• RJB

Posted September 06, 2009 - 02:54 AM

Just about had it with my Vapor :thumbsup: Darn thing leaks like a sieve. Gonna toss it and get something else. They should at least make something that can be used in the rain :busted:

• LumpyBoy

Posted September 06, 2009 - 03:39 AM

When I switched to a 320mm rotor for my YZ450 supermoto, the sensor no longer fit on the caliper (now the caliper relocator bracket). So I fabbed up a fork stub mount. I will swap it out with a larger piece of aluminum angle, but for now it works fine with a couple of spacers between the bolt and the bottom of the angle.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• FinchFan194

Posted September 06, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Lumpboy that looks good! I wonder how much of a beating it could take in the dirt??

• LumpyBoy

Posted September 07, 2009 - 04:17 AM

Fair point. My YZ is a supermoto street bike. But I bet it wouldn't fair any worse in the dirt. So easy to mount and fix anyway. I just made a longer angle mount last night so that I could remove the spacers. 1/8" aluminum angle available at any hardware store.

• RJB

Posted September 07, 2009 - 09:21 PM

Biggest problem you have in the dirt, is that the brake line catches on the Vapor when mounted like that. I have a ripped line from the Trailtech billet mount from exactly that - would not recommend if you are going to see any jumps

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.