Canadian models defected too

2 replies to this topic
  • Beta_Man

Posted March 30, 2003 - 02:56 PM

I was just about to load my bike up, and i decided to start it with the e-button and gave it a little of gas and it went clunk and bang. Then i tried it agian an all the starter did was spin. man am i ever pissed. I took off the the liitle plastic cap and i could spin the rotor nut by hand.I am asumming this is what happens when the woodruff key shears off. I only got 60 km on the bike. I was hoping my bike wouldn't have this problem because it is a fairly late prouduction. It was made in 01/03 and the frame ser.# is 2875 and the eng. ser# is 5251. I am taking it back to the dealer tommorow. Does any body no what or how they should be fixing it, so i don't end up just getting a patch job.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 30, 2003 - 04:26 PM

It is a patch job but it will last as good as new. Dont worry, once it is lapped it will last a long time. Just ride the bike and enjoy.

• RSA210

Posted March 30, 2003 - 04:48 PM

I thought that I had read somewhere that there was a cut off (Production # Wise) for these woodruff key failures.Indy? That does SUCK.However I still LOVE MY WR.From what I understand it's a pretty simple fix though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.