Frame differences '98-'00 any?

1 reply to this topic
  • FasYankee

Posted August 05, 2009 - 06:08 PM

Any differences between the frames on a '98 WR400 compared to a '00 with respect to swapping the parts over?

I have an opportunity to buy a '00 WR for a pretty sweet deal, but the owner/dealer lost the C/O:bonk: Which makes registration a pain, so much that it would be easier to swap everything over to a titled frame, which I've found a '98 frame for pretty cheap, that has a C/O.

by C/O I mean the certificate of origin that the dealer gives you (or holds on to incase of a note) and then you take that to DMV for a title.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parx_400

Posted August 06, 2009 - 06:19 AM

I had a 2000wr400. the 98 and 99 frames are the same. The 2000 is a little different around the steering head. Its nothing major and I don't see any reason why the parts would not fit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.