spark arrestor compatibility

2 replies to this topic
  • ams14

Posted August 05, 2009 - 10:55 AM

I have an 06 yz450F with Yoshimura exhaust. The problem is i didn't get the spark arrestor with it from the guy when i bought it (used).

Will any old brand of screen/spark arrestor fit in there?

Also, when i look up the Yoshimura ones, they say 'Low Volume', if I buy one of those will it have an adverse effect on power?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jrny426

Posted August 05, 2009 - 11:52 AM

The one in my FMF is pretty basic a screen cone with a screw fastening it to the outlet on the sliencer,I find the power loss is not noticeable but I,m sure there is some.My guess is if it fits in outlet it should work.

• grayracer513

Posted August 05, 2009 - 12:16 PM

"Low volume" would put me off, too. The screen should be dome shaped or conical to increase it's area and reduce its resistance.

I can't tell whether I have the sparky in my DRD or not by the way it runs.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.