Part # 5JG-14591-00 for the 2001 WR426???

2 replies to this topic
  • fourstroker

Posted March 30, 2003 - 11:01 AM

Does anyone know if the YZ throttle stop/spring adjustment screw part # 5JG-14591-00 is the correct part to install in my 2001 WR426? If so, how much did it approximately cost you? How hard is this mod to perform? Will I notice the difference?

Thanks in advance for the information! Happy THUMPIN!!

Mark
(HIGHLAND, ILLINOIS)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaGeek

Posted March 30, 2003 - 02:17 PM

FourStroker, I don't have the YZ part number readily available, I had it not long ago when I tried to order one. It was backorder so I just bought the WR (dealer removed mine) and cut 10mm off of it. It was like 10 bucks from the dealer. Same for the YZ if you find one. Its a simple matter of unscrewing it and screwing the new one back in. Somewhat hard to get to. It will be a big difference. You are only using perhaps 2/3 of you available throttle with the stock WR throttle stop.

• MorrisWR

Posted April 01, 2003 - 12:12 PM

Here's the part number: 5JG-14591-00-00

It is $10.76 through any Yamaha dealer. On the 2001 YZ426 carburetor schematic it's number 57.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.