HTML help....any gurus online right now?

4 replies to this topic
  • thealexdexter

Posted March 29, 2003 - 07:59 PM

On this page. I have a table, in the right cell is an inline frame. On the left is two buttons. The fisrt button changes pics when you mouse over. The lower button does not, but changes the page to display on the inline frame if you click it.

I want the first button to change images on mouse over, but also to change the target page in the inline frame if clicked on. I cant seem to get the first button to have two different actions associated with it. Can anyone help?

I think its's something like onmouseover= href"xxx" or similar, but I don't know exactly where to put it.

• Burnrider

Posted March 30, 2003 - 07:29 AM

Get that Yamahadude an all call, Wooster at 250 Yamaha is another resource.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted March 30, 2003 - 08:06 AM

I think I understand what you are after, and it requires javascript. I have taken the liberty to give it a try.

Check it out here:

(my isp is having problems at the moment, but should be working by the time you read this)

• thealexdexter

Posted March 31, 2003 - 07:15 AM

Ron, that is very cool. Not quite what I wanted though. I want the buttons on the left to change images when I run the mouse over it. Say from a blue button to a red button to show that it is highlighted. I have this part working. The part I am struggling with is after you have moved your mouse over the button and it has changed pictures, I want to be able to click on the button and have the inline frame on the right change to another page. I cannot get the butoon to have two actions associated with it, I guess is the root of it. I can make it update the target with a click or change it's own picture on mouse over, but not both. Can this be done?

• thealexdexter

Posted March 31, 2003 - 11:54 AM

Here is a power point presentation showing what I'm after.
web page

you may have to right click and do a save as to see it...I did.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.